Tuesday, March 10, 2009

February Recap

Feb kicked thing into high gear.

I started taking slim fast. I walked 1.3 miles everyday except Sunday, even did some core exercises. I cut out sugar and dairy.

That was the first two weeks. Then something happened. I went on a straight sugar binge. Though my weight has fluctuated, my clothes are feeling looser. So far I've only put back on one of those 6 pounds.

Now that it's March I'm determined to kick it back into high gear. Yesterday I parked on Main Street and followed the trail to Stone Mountain park. I walked until I couldnt walk anymore. A close family member is very sick and the walking helped clear my mind.

I sat down on a bench and collected my thoughts. I should have brought a watch. I dont know how long I sat there, but when I started thinking that I had to walk ALL the way back to the car, I got kind of mad at myself.

I made it. I must have walked a total of 4 miles. I couldnt even start the car for trying to catch my breath.

Today at the airport I decided to walk to my terminal instead of taking the train. I got to terminal B, 2,000 ft, and got on the train. I guess I dazed off cause when I came to I was at terminal E, and had to walk back another 1,000 ft to terminal D.

I've done so much walking these two days, and now that I'm back in Los Angeles, I know that it's preparing me for what's about to come.

No comments: